A government spend money on all adults after 25-year-old on a training course for the most up-to-date skills at workplace. Do you think it is effective？ Why or why not？
Which area the government should fund to improve children's education?
1) hiring more teachers to teach in a small class
2) preschool education before kindergarten
3) providing some training courses so that teachers can be more professional
1. The university will spend money on dormitory to improve the life quality of students, which of the following do you think is the best way?
1) providing a room for quiet study;
2) building an exercise room;
3) providing entertainment place(watch film).
2. Which one of the following values is the most important to share with a young child
(5-10 years old)?
1) Being helpful
2) Being honest
3) Being well organized
3. A lot of high school students now cheat in homework assignments, by asking other students for answers. Which of the following do you think is the most efficient way to stop?
1) asking parents to help stop the students from cheating
2) penalty or punishment to the students
3) asking teacher to create homework assignment that cannot be easily cheated
4. At some universities, students take part in making decisions about the issues that affect daily life of everyone on campus, such as how many hours that the libraries should be open each day or what kinds of food should be served in the cafeteria. But at some universities, experts are hired to make these decisions, students almost never involved. Which approach do you prefer and why.
5. Sometimes we are assigned to work in a group on a project. Do your agree or disagree the following statement? The group will be helped more by members who are willi ng to do what other group members want them to do than by those who strongly insist that things should be done in a different way.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the statement:
It is better to make friends who are intelligent than with a good sense of humor
7. When people spend a lot of time watching sports on television or following their favorite team, it has negative effects on their lives
8. These days, children spend more time on doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they should be given more time to do whatever they want
9. Rather than help their children do schoolwork, parents should encourage their childre n do their homework independently.
10. Which of the following summer arrangements is better for a 16-17 year old student of grade eleven?
1) Get ready for some of the major courses they want to study in College
2) Led by the teacher to visit museums or historical sites, and then write paper
11. High school teachers (teachers of students ages 14-18) spend most of class time lecturing (speaking) while the students listen and take notes. Other high school teachers spend most of class time on discussion and projects that students are highly involved in and exchange their ideas. Which of these two approaches do you think is more effective for student learning and why?
12. Parents give their children weekly money to buy whatever they want. Some people think this can cause bad habits and ideas about money in children. Others think the opposite. What's your opinion?
13. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
1) Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
2) Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently
14. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting that from your peers."
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Primary school should consider spend more time on teaching young student technology
(like computer) than teaching music and art
16. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to have facilities rather than hire more teachers.
17. Some believes that spending more time be far away from the people we care about, because it is necessary for people to understand the importance of relationship of people we care about, while others think being away from people we care about can damage our relationships with them.
18. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: One can learn a lot about another person from the books and the movies that the person likes.
19. It's more important to use your own knowledge and experience than ask others' knowledge and experience to solve problems.
20. Some people believe going on field trips is better for children's education (eg. go to museum), while others think it is better for children to study in the classroom at school. Which one do you prefer and explain why.